Normal household timers are not built to take the high inductive loads produced by HID ballasts.
If used with a HID ballast the contacts inside the timer that open and close the timed circuit will overheat and weld together, breaking the timer and leaving your grow lights permanently on. ThePowerPlant Heavy Duty Timer is different. It is designed to take high loads and has no problem dealing with the inductive loads produced by a 600w ballast. This means no separate contactor is required, saving you money.
- 24 hour, 15 minute segmental timer.
- 96 switching operations within a24 hour period (every15 min)
- Heavy duty contacts means it can take high inductive loads
- Suitable for timing600w HID ballasts
- It is very reliable, has a high quality timer unit.
- Robust case design with socket and timer dust/moisture covers, IP44
This unit is ideal for timing 400w and 600w ballasts. Do not use more than one 600w ballast per timer.